Followers

Sunday 1 December 2013

New Challenge at Clarity...

Good morning and welcome to December......have you opened the first door on your advent Callander yet?
Welcome to a new Challenge over at the Clarity Challenge Blog....
Firstly, congratulations to last months winner who wins a £50 voucher to spend with Clarity....now that's what I call an early Christmas present...
This month the theme is ' Scene Building'.....and here is my interpretation to share with you all....hope you like it....


I decided to create a Clarity plaque for the wall in my craft room....(if only I had a whole craft room...but it does sound better than.....a plaque for my side of the back room!!!!) 
I started by planning my design on scrap paper and drew around a wooden plaque that I had bought a while ago...
I used Clarity stamps.......The old mill and barrow, Poppies, small scarecrow, small hot air balloon and some stamps from the Remountable garden set...
When I was happy with my design, I stamped it onto the wood using Versafine ink- Vintage Sepia....then using my hot Pyrography machine I began to burn the design into the wood....(I do love the smell ...it reminds me of camping as a child) 
I drew the sun free hand added some clouds and some shading....


The good thing is that the design is now permanent.....so the plaque could even be hung up outside....
I love to mix my stamps up and create different scenes....in my head each one has its own little story too.
The other ladies on the Design Team have come up with brilliant inspiration ...why not take a look....go to....
It would be even better if you submitted a design ....remember a £50 voucher will be won by one of you....
Good luck and enjoy the rest of your Sunday....
Barbara and Clarity on TV for me.....plus walking Tess....oh, and it is another Red Knickers day here.....(wish them luck.) 
Crafty hugs,
Jo. X 

10 comments:

Lynne said...

Beautiful plaque Jo.That's one of my favourite sets of Clarity stamps and I love how you've used them. My craft room feels quite deprived! x

Jane said...

I love this Jo so if its going begging I can find a place for it!! The stamps you have used just go so well together!.

And did the lucky red knickers work today?
xx

Yvonne said...

You're such a clever little bunny! Love this scene - perspective is immaculate. Pyrography is a mystery to me but love the stunning results.x

Linda Simpson said...

Stunning and just love this very much! The scene you have created is fabulous!

Hugs
Linda xxx

Unknown said...

The details you have captured in wood is quite amazing! Beautiful xx

Linda Page said...

This is fabulous Jo and I have loved reading how you have done it xx

Naomi said...

Hi Jo, sorry I am a little late, crazy here. This is just fantastic you wonderful skills shown in one project. Just stunning.

Jo Rice said...

Thanks Naomi and don't worry about being late...it is nuts here too....I must update my blog....but need more time....hugs..x

Chrissie Roberts said...

oh Jane I think she forgot to put them on!! (they drew 1 & lost 1!):)

Chrissie Roberts said...

Love this Jo and I hope you bring it on Wednesday for us to see
Chrissie x