Followers

Saturday 15 March 2014

All about Spring.

Morning all and happy Saturday....
Today, I'm off to Crafts 4 U 2 do in St.Helens...where we are having a workshop day using Claritystamps and Angelina Fibres....it's all the ironing I intend to do today...
It just so happens that it is also the day of a new Challenge over at the Sweet Lilac Challenge Blog...
Today the theme is.....All about Spring.....and haven't we had some lovely spring weather recently? 
Here is my D.T. Piece...do hope you like it...


I started with a piece of A5 Theuva card from Clarity and one of the new A5 stencils ...the wonderful owl....


I taped the stencil at the top and began sponging some Adirondack ink through the stencil. I used Butterscotch, Latte and Expresso..


When I had finished, I removed the stencil and brushed Stonewashed ink around the edge with a Clarity Stencil brush....now anyone who knows me will know just how much I love these brushes..


Some matting and layering onto brown card....
I then used a larger piece of white card and edged this with Butterscotch Adirondack ink once again with my fabby stencil brush.


Then over stamped using the crackle stamp and second generation of Latte adirondack ink.


I stamped the sentiment onto a separate piece of card, added some colour and some matting and layering.


Next, I arranged my embellishments including these wonderful Sweet Lilac flowers and Leaves...


When I was happy, I started to glue them into place...


Then I added the sentiment,


And my work was finished ...oh I do love these flowers....don't you??
How do you fancy winning a hamper of them? All you have to do is enter the blog challenge ...and the winner is chosen at random....so everyone has a chance,,,,
Go and visit the site here.... http://sweetlilacflowers.blogspot.co.uk/
And if you get Papercraft Essentials there is a brochure inside with a special offer on the back....yah...
I'd better get on....tomorrow I'm off to the show at Harrogate and meeting up with fellow Clarity D.T. Friends... I may just make a few purchases too....
See you all soon, enjoy your weekend.....
Jo. X 

8 comments:

Lynne said...

Beautiful card Jo. Have fun today and I look forward to seeing you tomorrow. x

Unknown said...

So lovely, Jo and a brilliant reminder that hopefully Spring really is just around the corner. Hope you had a wonderful time today, I don't know where you get your energy & your mojo from :) Oh and of course have fun tomorrow up at Harrogate look forward to hearing what you all got up to xxxx

Yvonne said...

Lovely inspiration Jo - I will definitely be entering the Sweet Likac Challenge tis month.
Have a great time at Harrogate xxxx

LoraineC said...

Love the owl Jo he's gorgeous x

Linda Simpson said...

This is stunning Jo. It was lovely to see you today.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Debbie said...

Hi Jo.
Lovely to see you at GNPE yesterday, hope you had a nice time. Angie and I got lots of lovely goodies, just need ot have a good week crafting now!
We were very interested in your classes in our area and that would be easy done for us.
Angie is in Canada for three weeks soon and gets back mid May, but I will contact you when she is back and make a date with you.
I am now a follower so can see your gorgeous Blog.
Debbiex

Jo Rice said...

Hi Debbie, good to have you on board....enjoy the journey...and look forward to crafting with you soon. Jo. X

Chrissie Roberts said...

Found it! :) I must have read it before but it didn't register lol but as I started reading it all came back. I do have an excuse tho!

It's a gorgeous card Jo
x