Followers

Tuesday 1 July 2014

Anything Goes...

Good Morning and welcome to July....a new month means a new challenge over at the Clarity Challenge Blog.....
Congratulations to last months winner who receives a £50 Clarity Voucher and to the Top Five....oh we had some fabulous projects...well done all....
This month the Theme is ......Anything Goes.....so plenty of scope then...
This is what I came up with....
A piece of art that started its life in France and was inspired by the lovely Amanda Branston....( thanks Mandy for the lesson too )
Mandy was showing us all a technique where you use the Gelli plate, Acrylic paint and your fingers to paint with....
Well...you know me....what other parts of the body can we use !!!! I thought !!!!!
So I sneaked off to a quiet corner with Gelli plate in hand and a few paints....
And off came my....wait for it .....sock......
( and no sorry I am not one of those lucky ladies who has time to manicure and paint her toe nails...)
Then came the messy bit.....
It is not as easy as you think....to create swirls with your toes...but this is what I came up with...
Next...I took a print using Gelli Card...
Oh I was really pleased with that so I took a second one using the smaller card from the Gelli pack...
I liked the look of that too....
A quick clean up off my toes and nobody was any the wiser....
Some stamping using the Journal set...now ...I really do love these stamps....
I put this little beauty to one side until I got home....then stamped some more of the little bird...
Added some colour..and cut them out...
Have you got the Bubbles stamp? ....another must have .....especially with some Glossy Accents...
The little birds were glued into place and job done......I do hope that you like it.....
Thanks for looking in today....it would be great if you could join in with our challenge.....also pop along to the blog and see all the other fabulous projects by the other D.T.
That's it from me for today....enjoy your day.....safe safe and smile....
Hugs,
Jo. X

14 comments:

Lynne said...

Love it Jo. I'm still gutted that I didn't come in and catch you in the act though!!!!!! So funny. x

Linda Page said...

Love it Jo ----feet! I know you don't like to get your hands messy but feet!!! Oh lol what are you like. fab card it's surprising what a bit of a messy painty blobby thing can become ..love it xx

Yvonne said...

Haha - you little tinker!
Love the card and you did make me smile xxx

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful card and loving the technique must try this myself.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Unknown said...

We made one in clarity East Midlands with Saz on Saturday but used fingers no feet very good love it x

Naomi said...

Jo, priceless and so unique. Laughing here, but loving the artwork.

rachel said...

brilliant make Jo! Imagine getting your feet mucky - what a brilliant idea! lol!!!! Guess what I'll be having a go at!! Big Hugs rachel xx

Unknown said...

Wow great work of art love the colours' Jo! x

Janet Pring said...

Lucky it was your feet and not your tassels!! Turned out really well and I like what you've done with it xx

Jane said...

Fabulous artwork Jo....and interesting way to produce it!!! Did the paint squish between your toes?!
See you soon! xx

Liz's creative corner said...

awesome creation Jo, my mind was boggling at the other part for a minute though lol,
fab design so creative, hugs Liz xx

Theresa said...

lovely artwork Jo. trust you to be the rebel! loving that bubble stamp. haven't seen it yet. will go and have a look xx

Angela said...

Amazing piece of artwork Jo. Can't believe you used your feet to create it! x

Paper Panda said...

Fabulous - even if you did have to get a bit messy! Love the colours too!
Mandy x