Followers

Wednesday 27 August 2014

In The Pink.

 

Good afternoon all, hope you are well...

We still have a leaky boiler here, so no hot water...fingers crossed that tomorrow will be the day that it gets fixed...

I did manage to post some samples off to Barbara this morning but as my hand is worse that ever I know they are not my usual amount....with the plumber coming again tomorrow and Karl being in London, the doctors will definitely have to wait till Friday....oh well... I know there are lots of people who are in pain so I won't complain....especially when I am so lucky that I get to play at my hobby full time....

So onwards and upwards....

I noticed on the PanPasel Blog that their new Challenge is....Pink, Pink, and more Pink.....oh how could I resist that...

So he is my creation....

 

Yes....rather pink!!!!

And these are the PanPastels that I used...

Magenta tint, Permanent Red Tint and Magenta Shade..

I started with a piece of Gelli card, The Bubbles and the Floral stamps from Clarity. I used VersaMark ink to create a type of resist....

Then gently sponged over with my pink PanPastel, this is a lovely effect and great for backgrounds.

This is what I made...

Then I added some shade around the edges for definition..

Next I coloured a smaller piece of card....

Stamped my sentiment with VersaMark, then added some more colour.

Next I added some more of those gorgeous bubbles this time with a white Brilliance ink pad..

I wanted the base card to match so I coloured it with the darker PanPastel,

The ribbon was coloured also.....

Don't forget that this is a great way of getting everything to match.

Some matting and layering, perfect pearls, white gel pen and Glossy Accents...

And those bubbles just pop....

If you would like to check out the PanPastel Challenge blog then you can find it Here...

http://panpasteluk.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/challenge-21-pink-pink-and-more-pink.html

That is it from me tonight, unfortunately I have a basket of ironing that keeps calling me!!!!

Enjoy your evening,

Hugs,

Jo. X

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

15 comments:

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous Jo,love the stamps and fab colours......Thanks for sharing with us at PanPastel.xxx

Theresa said...

you know i don't do pink but this is rather gorgeous! i'm loving that bubble stamp so i think that's one on my list for AP xx

Jo Rice said...

Yes Theresa, it is a must have stamp and has so many possibilities...hugs...x

Naomi said...

Beautiful card Jo, those glossy accents are perfect for the bubbles. xxx

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful card, Jo. Lovely background and I love that sentiment. Elizabeth xx

massofhair said...

Fantastic sentiment, it is so true and a wonderful card, love those bubbles :-) xxx

Jeanette Butler said...

Beautiful card Jo. Pink delight. Somehow I've missed the bubble stamp but I love the effect you've got so I'll be popping over to Clarity for a look as it's pay-day. Hope you get to the doctor's about your hand soon and you have less pain. Take care. Jeanette xx

frances said...

You are so talented I just love this card my grand daughter loves anything pink. Hope you get your hand seen to as quickly as possible . Look after yourself.

Donna Brooks said...

Pretty pink card. Make sure you rest your hand, hope its nothing serious. XX

Jo Rice said...

Thanks for such lovely words Frances...I just love what I do and that I am able to share my ideas with so many other crafters...x

Jo Rice said...

Thanks Donna, and for your continued support of my little blog...x

Saintly Lisa said...

Beautiful card Jo, and what a fabulous word stamp. hope your hand is on the mend xx

Donna Brooks said...

I enjoy looking in and being inspired by a clever crafter :)

Tracy said...

All in the pink and totally gorgeous Jo, loving that bubbles stamp!!!
Thank you for joining in the fun over at Pan Pastel UK Challenge. xoxox

Yvonne said...

What can I say?? Brilliant and fits the brief absolutely perfectly. Thank you for joining us over on the PanPastel Challenge your work is superb xxxx