Followers

Friday 10 April 2015

Spring Inspiration.

Good afternoon all, hope you are making the most of this lovely weather...I have to say it is great to get the washing on the line with the confidence that it will dry....trouble is I have gone mad ....so now my ironing basket resembles a mountain....

Thanks to everyone who has asked about Adam, he is much better thank you and back at work , although only managing reduced hours...he will be 26 next week....I really don't know where the time has gone....

I was spending some time in the garden this morning with the dogs and noticing all the lovely spring flowers....when I realised I had intended to enter the PanPastel Challenge....and whoops hadn't got round to it....and I have a feeling that it closes tomorrow....

So with the theme being .....Spring Inspiration....this is what I came up with.....hope you like it...

Now those of you who are regular visitors will know that I love my PanPastels and I also love to make wreaths...so as I was short on time I decided to do what I love .....not try something new....( I do feel so many crafters think they have to constantly try new things...don't get me wrong I love to experiment and do something different but there isn't anything wrong with having signature pieces and repeating them )

I started with a piece of Gelli card and 3 PanPastels...Magenta Tint, Orange Tint and Permanent Green Tint....remember Tint means that it is the colour plus white...

I just simple used a sponge and blended them slightly.

Next I stamped the base of the wreath...I used the Leafy Swirl Clarity Stamp...

Remember it is easier to keep turning your card....then I stamped the spaces to complete the wreath..Oh and a cheeky little bit in the corners....

On separate card I stamped the butterfly six times and coloured the images with Turquoise PanPastel.

Then cut them out.

Some matting and layering,

Some Bakers Twine, white gel pen and then I added the butterflies...

To finish the design I added some Liquid Pearls..

 
 

Here is a closer look...

You can find the Pan Pastel Challenge here...

http://panpasteluk.blogspot.co.uk

Also check out the wonderful inspiration from their very talented Design Team....

I just have time now to grab a cup of tea and get back into the garden with the dogs...

I do believe the weather is going to change for the weekend.....

 

Thanks for looking in today, have a good weekend ....

Live and hugs...

Jo. xxxx

 

7 comments:

rachel said...

brilliant make Jo - so very pretty - good luck with the ironing - lol!!! Hugs rachel x

Theresa said...

what a super idea. i hardly ever use my pan pastels. i never know how to fix them. take care, hugs xx

Laurane said...

This is gorgeous Jo - I love it. I got a whole load of washing out today and got it in and hung up right away so no need to iron. More time for crafting. :)

Mindful craft said...

Hi jo, hope Adam continues to make progress and gradually build himself up again.
I love your craft work ethos, you're spot on...
A super creation, I'll have to have a go at one of these too I think.
Do love seeing your fur babies too.
Have a good weekend, crafty hugs my friend xXx

Janet Pring said...

So pretty and very spring-like xx

Donna Brooks said...

This is beautiful. I looked at the wreath and wondered what stamp out had used, then when I read it was one I already had I was amazed how different it looked! Will be doing this one for certain. Happy weekend. Xx

Yvonne said...

Wow, wow, wow Jo. Fabulous wreath and brilliant blending!!! I just love the way you've used the bakers twine too. Thank you so much for entering this into the PanPastel Challenge.
Good news that Adam is making good progress xxxx