Followers

Tuesday 5 January 2016

Wee Stamps

Good afternoon everyone , do hope you are having a good day today.

We are all getting back to normal, back to routine. School, work....clubs, etc..... All the decorations have been put away for a few months...and yet I still don't know what day it is!!!!!!

I hope you managed to watch some or all of Barbara's shows on Sunday and Monday ....I wasn't surprised that the stamps were selling out so quickly.

So today I thought I would share one of my samples that used stamps from a few of the Wee Stamp sets ..

I have to hide this from Tess though as she gets upset at me walking Eric and leaving her at home!!!! Mind you anyone who knows me that knows that I don't wear pretty dresses....!!!!

I started with a piece of stencil card and stamped one of the Wee House stamps

I used a mask on the house made from a sticky note....and then with sun mask , I created the sun.

Next I used one of the landscape masks and created the sky

Followed by some land

And then stamped some of the Wee Foliage stamps around the edge of the design.

I then used Barbars technique of using the tree trunk to make the fence posts...

The wire was then drawn in with a fine liner pen.

I added some colour to the house using my Spectrum Noir pencils,

I edged the whole design using my ruler and black Sharpie pen , plus my white sharpie to highlight the foliage.

I stamped the word Dream from the word chain and added some foliage so that it would coordinate with the main card design and after much deliberation decided to mount it at the top of the design.

And this was it when finished.

Here is a closer look

I do love the way that all the Wee stamp sets can be mixed and matched together , so many possibilities ...

Right , I had better get back to a secret squirrel project that I have been doing all day....

Plus it is nearly time for our evening dog walk...

I hope you all have a lovely evening...Karl is away at the moment so I will be working late...

Thanks for joining me

Love and hugs

Jo. xxx

 

15 comments:

Donna Brooks said...

I think this is beautiful! This stood out at the weekend. I have a lovely wooden calendar that helps me keep track of the days, made by someone very talented ;) Enjoy your walk hopefully with both dogs. Xx

Jo Rice said...

Evening Donna, thank you so much for your lovely comments , hope you have had a good day...and yes both dogs walked....hugs xxx

Barbara Finch said...

Lovely Jo - the wee stamps are all so useful and you showcase them so well!. Xx

Barbara Finch said...

Lovely Jo - the wee stamps are all so useful and you showcase them so well!. Xx

rachel said...

gorgeous work Jo - I adore this - brilliant. Thanks for your kind words lovely lady xx

Theresa said...

this is a fab card. caught my eye on telly. although i must confess that i thought that Lynne had made it, not realising she had stood down from the team. hugs xx

Angela said...

Beautiful card Jo. A great way of showcasing a selection of the wee stamps. Hugs xx

Angela said...

Beautiful card Jo. A great way of showcasing a selection of the wee stamps. Hugs xx

Lynne Bishop said...

Lovely card, wee stamps are great. I need these new ones. Thank-you for sharing your design. xx

Lisapmac said...

Lovely scene. I still think the figure looks like Lynne Hammond walking Maya. Trevor doesn't like being left either but he just can't walk as far so try to make sure one of us is at home xx

Jo Rice said...

Thanks Barbara...you are very kind...X X

Jo Rice said...

Thanks Rachel and my pleasure....you so deserve them ...hugs to you and your girls...xxx

Jo Rice said...

I know what you mean Theresa.....hope you and your family are well..xx

Jo Rice said...

Thanks Angela, and hugs back...xxxx

Jo Rice said...

Thanks Lynne, yes they all work so well together...I am building quite a Wee Collection...xxxx