Followers

Friday 16 December 2016

Angels/ Fairies or Winter.

Good morning everyone and thanks for popping in this morning..

Today we have a new challenge over at the Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge Blog and our new theme is

Angels/ Fairies or Winter..

And our wonderful host is Jules....

Our sponsor is Lawn Fawn and it will be open for four weeks....so plenty of time to enter....the closing date is 11th January 2017

Here is what I came up with...

A Groovi, Stamp Combo.....

And I have to say that I loved making it...I think this will be the first of many..

.and a brilliant workshop project too..

I started with the Groovi part, so using the Groovi system and the moonfairy plate I traced the image onto the parchment.

Next I added the moon and some stars.

Followed by the frame.

Next onto the stamping part.

I used a piece of stencil card, the moonfairy stamp and black Archival ink.

Using spectrum Noir pencils I added colour to both images. Remember to add the colour on the reverse side of the parchment.

Next I used a VersMark pen, some clear embossing powder and gave the image a clear glaze. This is going to act as a resist , when I add some background colour.

So out with the distress inks.

And some water spritzing

Picket fence painted on the reverse of parchment gives a wonderful effect

I added colour to the stars, this time with a gel pen and from the front of the parchment,,,

So I had a Groovi piece of art and a stamped piece...

So I just put them together...using some brads....

Added the word Dream from the wordchains plus a gorgeous metal embellishment....

The finishing touch was some glitter added from the front using a quickie glue pen...

And there we have it....Groovi , Stamp Combo....

I do hope that you like it....

And there are so many possibilities.....so many stamps that we have Groovi plates to match...so many Combos....

Oh....I can't wait to create more...

Now it is over to you....

Also remember to check out the wonderful designs from the rest of the dt....here...

http://fussyandfancychallenge.blogspot.co.uk/

So you have four weeks to create your design....I am really looking forward to seeing what you come up with...

Right I need to get on , we have Karl's parents popping in for coffee later this morning....a meal out with friends this evening ....and Karl's Birthday tomorrow..

It's going to be a busy ,,,but fun packed weekend..

Hope yours is too...

Take care all, enjoy....and pop back soon

Much love and hugs

Jo. Xxxx

 

5 comments:

MFM said...

The end result is fabulous as ever. Have a good weekend and enjoy your celebrations.
Love MFM

Beth Brovold said...

WOW Jo this is stunning!! Such a gorgeous piece of art my friend...wishing you a wonderful weekend and very Merry Christmas and a Happy Healthy New Year!
Take care,
Beth

Angela said...

This is gorgeous Jo. Have a lovely weekend and happy birthday to Karl xx

Darlene said...

WOW this is gorgeous and I truly enjoyed your step by step tutorial ... this is something I have never tried but now I'm anxious to give it a whirl ... beautiful! Thanks for inspiration!

Jo Rice said...

Thanks ladies for your lovely comments...it is great to here from you....and hope the weather is warm in Spain...Maggie...xxx