Followers

Wednesday 1 March 2017

Shall we dance?

Good morning, I do hope your week is going well. I have finally got my samples for Barbara finished and in the post. That's a job ticked off the list...

I couldn't believe it yesterday morning when we had snow...so it was a very cold dog walk followed by a meeting in Stockport. I still haven't got a car so it was walking and train for me...my Fitbit went into overdrive...

Today I have a magazine commission to get under my belt and bags to pack ready for our Grosvenor House

Workshop tomorrow. I am keeping my fingers crossed that we don't get any more snow.

Today I thought we would look at a canvas that I created for Barbara's last Stamping show..

 

I started by painting the canvas with one of the paper artsy fresco paints, and let it dry...

Then I added some grunge paste through the stencil, and whilst it was wet , I sprinkled some gold embossing powder over the top.

At this point I like to leave the grunge paste to dry...I actually left it overnight

Then I heated the embossing powder...

I used grey ink...Watering can to add some detail around the edge of the canvas , I just felt that black ink would be too bold...

My trusty charcoal pencil came out again to add some shading...

And finally some gold Gilding wax around the edge...

Simple but effective...

I do hope that you like this, have you got any crafting to do today?

Or have you got other plans?

Whatever you do, enjoy your day, stay safe...and smile...

I am still in my little bubble and waiting for my hearing to return...

Catch you soon

Love and hugs

Jo. xxx

 

8 comments:

gwen70 said...

Fabulous canvas Jo, not done a canvas before something I must try

MFM said...

Beautiful work. Hope the snow holds off for your Cumbria visit.
Hugs MFM

Barbara Finch said...

Very elegant Jo! No snow up here so you should be OK for your Grosvenor class.
I have a make and take at our local guild tonight so have been preparing for that and then our Kendal class has had to move forward a week to accommodate new kitchen building at the hall - so busy busy for me this week!
Also got some lovely Tim Holtz Wildflower stamps and dies to play with as well as a really nice package from Clarity so plenty to enjoy while the weather is not so nice!! Xx

Jo Rice said...

Thanks Gwen, we must rectify that....hugs..xx

Jo Rice said...

Thanks Maggie, hope you have decent weather at the mo....hugs..xx

Jo Rice said...

Thanks Barbara, sounds like you have a busy crafty week too...hope this evening has gone really well..catch up soon...hugs..xx

fabulous fiona said...

Lovely canvas. Tonight I met up with some crafting friends and we had fun exploring inks and paints on the geli plates. I am imressed with many of my prints and I am looking forward to creating something with them.

Jo Rice said...

Sounds like a great evening Fiona, glad that you enjoyed it...have a lovely weekend and see you in a few weeks...xxx