Followers

Wednesday 10 May 2017

Rhyme-Time

Good afternoon all and thanks for joining me, what beautiful weather we are having at the moment...

Yesterday Karl and I travelled home, we got the 7-30 am ferry so that we could get back in time to go to Mikey's leaving party.... he moves to Nottingham this weekend. It certainly is going to be a year full of changes this year.

It only seems five minutes since the boys were babies, and last night it was so good to see so many of their school friends...but I did feel so small...my goodness what tall young men they have grown into,,,

Which brings me nicely onto babies and the Nursery Rhyme Alphabet book that Barbara has released. I still haven't had time to watch the shows but I believe there were many sell outs.

The book is beautiful and it will make a fabulous gift.

I decided to use mine to make a piece of Art..

I began by painting the letters with Artistry ink and water

Next I decided to tear around the letters

And add some more colour

Yes, that looks better, I then started creating my background.

Mire Artistry ink pads and a couple of favourite petite Stencils

Plus some organic stamping ( without a block) using stamps from the journaling set .

As you know I do love to make backgrounds this way.


Some matting and layering....

A hint more of colour to help the letters stand out

And finally some finishing touches

My own little piece of ART

With some glossy Accents to give that extra detail.

I do hope that you like it.

Time now to walk the dogs, oh how I have missed them , we went to pick them up this morning...

It was only five days, but it seems such a long time,

Enjoy your evening...

Much love and hugs

Jo. xxxx

 

4 comments:

Lisapmac said...

Lovely artwork, enjoy your walk, I hate being away from our pooches too xx

Unknown said...

Lovely Jo, in fact I thought the edges of the letters were singed so the distressing looks totally realistic. Can imagine this week is going to be an emotional one with Mikey moving, it's amazing how the years just fly by isn't it xxx

Donna Brooks said...

Beautiful work, love the fact you can colour in the letters in the book as well as do them in their Groovi designs. Glad you are home safe, bet the doggies were pleased to see you too. XX

Jan said...

Beautiful art . The letters look like they will pop right off the page .